Terms and Conditions
- Charges: Our current price list is published at http://www.jamyangrooms.co.uk/rates.shtml. The meeting room booking charge covers the use of the meeting room, heating, lighting, and toilet facilities. If you are booking for the following year, please be aware that inflationary charges are applied each year from New Year’s day.
- Meeting Room: Once we have confirmed availability, please fill in and submit the online booking form available at http://www.jamyangrooms.co.uk/booking.shtml. Your 50% deposit will be required within 7 days of the booking form submission to complete your booking. Your submission of the booking form is considered acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Food Orders: Vegetarian food is available to groups. If you would like to place an order, please complete the lunch form indicating any food allergies or special dietary requirements of participants and send it to us with your meeting room booking form. Groups will be charged for the full number of meals ordered on the lunch form. You can make changes to your lunch booking by giving us at least 48 hours’ notice prior to the event – notices must be sent to email@example.com.
- Cancellation: If you wish to cancel your meeting room booking, the following cancellation fees will apply:
- 6 months or more prior to the event: 25% of the relevant venue booking (we would refund half of your 50% deposit).
- between 1 and 6 months prior to the event: 50% of the relevant venue booking (no refund on your deposit)
- 2 - 4 weeks prior to the event: 75% (we would invoice for a further half of the deposit amount).
- Within 2 weeks - 100% of the room hire (we would invoice for a further amount equal to the deposit).
- Invoices: Jamyang will send you an invoice after the event. Payment is required within 30 days of receipt of the invoice.
- Your obligations:
- Ensure that attendees act in a proper and orderly manner and shall comply with all reasonable requests from our staff.
- Avoid damage to the meeting room and Jamyang´s premises and equipment. You will be liable for any damage above normal wear and tear.
- Avoid excessive or inappropriate noise both in the meeting room and in the rest of the building.
- Smoking, drinking alcohol or eating meat is not permitted anywhere in the premises or courtyard garden.
- Comply with the Jamyang’s health and safety policy that is applicable for venue hire.
- Individuals who are running courses must have public liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Do not do (or fail to do) anything which may make our insurance policy void or voidable or increase the rate of premium.
- Liability: Except where we are negligent, to the extent permitted by law, we do not accept any liability for:
a) any damage to persons or property in connection with your use of the space.
b) any equipment you bring onto our premises;
c) cancellation or postponement of the booking for any reason.
You are responsible for any damage caused by you and your guests to our premises and equipment.
- Advertising: You will need our prior written approval if you wish to include mention of Jamyang in any advertising literature other than in the context of publicizing the location for your event
- No tenancy: No tenancy is created by acceptance of these terms.
“booking form” means our booking form for accommodation meeting rooms and other facilities stating the price including any addendum booking form
“Jamyang” “us” “we” or “our” means Jamyang Buddhist Centre
“premises” means the Jamyang’s premises located at The Old Courthouse, 43 Renfrew Rd, Lambeth, London SE11 4NA.
“you” or “your” means the party that has submitted/signed the booking form.